ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

android app to set my vibration mode on specific hours

<< < (3/6) > >>

kalos:
The part I can't figure out how to do it is the 'automatically navigate to work' part-kalos (October 22, 2014, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

You said you're using Waze, right? For me, Waze handles that part automatically. When I start it up in the morning, it knows itself that what I normally do is drive to work, and it offers me that straighaway. And similarly in the evening, it knows that I'm going to be driving home.
-CWuestefeld (October 22, 2014, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

how does that do it? how did you set it to do it?

kalos:
Today I used llama.
I was enthusiastic about the many options it offers but I am disappointed.
This is because I set it to set my sound profile to silent, from 9am to 5pm when I am at work, and it didn't restore it at 5pm to 'normal profile'!
How can I do this?
Do I have to set another event trigger to set my phone to 'normal sound profile' each weekday after 5pm?
Same with WiFi, while it disabled wifi while I was at work, it didn't re-enable it, at 5pm.
Any hint?

CWuestefeld:
The part I can't figure out how to do it is the 'automatically navigate to work' part-kalos (October 22, 2014, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

You said you're using Waze, right? For me, Waze handles that part automatically. When I start it up in the morning, it knows itself that what I normally do is drive to work, and it offers me that straighaway. And similarly in the evening, it knows that I'm going to be driving home.
-CWuestefeld (October 22, 2014, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

how does that do it? how did you set it to do it?
-kalos (October 22, 2014, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

It just does it. It seems to notice the pattern of what destinations are chosen consistently at a given time of day. When it starts to see a pattern, it will automatically pop up a box asking if you want to repeat that pattern for this trip.

ewemoa:
Haven't tried this yet, but apparently the app SilentNight's description is:

Configure the phone to go silent and/or airplane mode between two times of the day.

--- End quote ---

Note: one can get the apk from that page or install via F-Droid -- see the page for details if interested.

kalos:
Haven't tried this yet, but apparently the app SilentNight's description is:

Configure the phone to go silent and/or airplane mode between two times of the day.

--- End quote ---

Note: one can get the apk from that page or install via F-Droid -- see the page for details if interested.
-ewemoa (October 22, 2014, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks but I kinda liked llama, because it also gives me the ability to disable wifi between two specific times of the weekdays

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version