ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

need duplicate word scanner

(1/4) > >>

bit:
In Microsoft Word 2003, which I'm not terribly familiar with, is there any way -or app- to scan documents for duplicate words?
A way is needed to discover if any sentence is buried deep in the document, which uses the same descriptive word twice in an obviously redundant manner.
There would also be a need to exclude common words like 'the', 'and', 'of', and so on, and to choose if the search is case sensitive or not.
Or, if there is any other program, for instance Thunderbird Compose or whatever, which the document could be copied & pasted into, to accomplish the same goal.
Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

dr_andus:
Have you looked at SmartEdit? There used to be a free version I think, but maybe the trial version will do the job, too.

bit:
Have you looked at SmartEdit? There used to be a free version I think, but maybe the trial version will do the job, too.
-dr_andus (October 18, 2014, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
^Way cool. Tnx! :)

mouser:
it is a cool idea.

bit:
-dr_andus (October 18, 2014, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, SmartEdit is really quite awesome.
I got the basic non-MS Word model to work with MS Word 2003.
However, I don't seem to be able to get it to do what I originally wanted, which is to find unnecessarily duplicated words -such as adverbs- in the same sentence.
It just doesn't seem to have any way to do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version