ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DRM in your coffee maker, to stop you from brewing unlicensed coffees

<< < (4/11) > >>

mwb1100:
they come with a brew your own coffee basket that's basically just a reusable pod
-Stoic Joker (October 12, 2014, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

The last time I tried to use the official Keurig reusable pod that I have (which wasn't included with the machine, but a separate purchase, if I recall correctly), it wouldn't fit because of some plastic 'tabs' that seemed to exist only to interfere with the reusable pod (which again is an official Keurig-branded pod).  It definitely worked in the first Keurig unit we had, but was inconvenient, so it didn't get much use.  When I tried to use it in a newer Keurig that we since bought, it won't fit in the machine at all anymore.

Anyway, it seems like they don't want you to use even their own reusable pods.

Edvard:
One word: boycott.
-40hz (October 12, 2014, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

One word: buyarealdamncoffeemakerferpeteseverlovingsake

Because the whole point of the Keurig was to not waste money making a whole pot when you only wanted one cup.
-Stoic Joker (October 12, 2014, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

You see, what we have here is a failure to drink enough coffee...

Anyway, it seems like they don't want you to use even their own reusable pods.
-mwb1100 (October 13, 2014, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

And it seems like you didn't see that coming...

Sorry for my cynical tone here, but I remember when the Keurig first came out and they went on an all-out media blitz, even going so far as to set up machines at the !@#$%ing ferry terminal handing out free (small) cups of coffee to everyone, and coupons and (later) free sample "k-cups".  I recoiled in violent skepticism to the snappily-dressed vendors trying to convince me that 'pre-packaged for convenience' was better than grinding and brewing my own damn beans in my own damn proportions.  I could see this coming from a thousand miles away.
Now their true colors are showing, and my first instinct proven correct.  Screw them.  

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-Edvard (October 13, 2014, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have one.  And I prefer the Keurig for a quick cup of coffee in the morning.  Is that a crime?

Renegade:
You see, what we have here is a failure to drink enough coffee...
--- End quote ---

HAHAHAHA~!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Yes! That!

Edvard:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I have one.  And I prefer the Keurig for a quick cup of coffee in the morning.  Is that a crime?
-wraith808 (October 13, 2014, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

See above...

And read the part where I apologized for being cynical.  I could say more, but I'd probably piss off more Keurig users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version