ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

How to do shortcut bat files to choose next login OS - dual boot 7 - 8

<< < (2/2)

glnz:
4wd - This is very educational, and I am very thankful you just posted the warning directly above.  I have just taken my first look at these commands - my start at this level.  By the way - what I see has a few more lines than yours -
  custom three times
  nx
  sos
  etc.

Well, this seems a bit dangerous, no?  Maybe I should try your iReboot suggestion.  UNLESS there's a way to do a bat file that simply repeats my steps A) above (not B which just blew up on me).

I have a lot to learn about Win 7 and 8 before I can feel that I'm back at my level with XP - and even there I was just a dangerous noob.  And just now my playing with msconfig has caused TWO BSDODs on shutdown, which I seem to have corrected with a System Restore to this morning (that says it did not take 100% - oh well).

Many thanks!  It took me six (?) years of fussing with XP to feel confident I could repair blow-ups.  Feels like I'm back at the start.  But this IS a start.

4wd:
Well, this seems a bit dangerous, no?  Maybe I should try your iReboot suggestion.  UNLESS there's a way to do a bat file that simply repeats my steps A) above (not B which just blew up on me).-glnz (November 29, 2014, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Post up the output from bcdedit /v and I'll have a look.

Otherwise, in iReboot just select the top option in the menu which will cause it to reboot to your chosen OS after choosing it.

glnz:
4wd - Unfortunately, the PC with my Win 7 and my Win 8 doesn't have email or network connectivity yet so hard to copy and paste the bcedit /v result - but I will come back here when it's more set up and let you see.

Meantime, I downloaded EasyBCD and I can see how that can do the same thing (I think).

Many thanks.  Really superb info from you.  You will hear from me again fairly soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version