ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY Q&A about what software can be submitted

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
After all, NANY does stand for "NEW APPS for the new year" not "Stuff already released that we just want to give some publicity to"-Stephen66515 (October 08, 2014, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - New means new, and any attempt at widening that scope detracts from the frantic comraderal push to create something within the time frame allotted. You can't be in the moment ahead of time...it just doesn't work that way.
-Stoic Joker (October 08, 2014, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see how this is valid... or how the current rules even apply to this, truthfully.  You can work on it for as long as you want to under the current rules.  It just can't be *released* (which is a nebulous term) before NANY.  The only frantic push is if you put off developing your application until the deadline.  Some years... I've been in that number.  Others... not so much.

anandcoral:
Yes that is the irony.

I, myself think of NANY from January but do not start coding till October / November, in fear I may release it and it may become invalid for NANY.

It is true NANY should be for new apps, in fact most forums and websites gives special mention to NANY. But we should also make another, like mouser suggested "See Also", to add those released in that year.

This way programmer like me, may start earlier and save some of their hairs. But they must make one 'unpublished' app at the end of the year.

Well those are my points, others may have better suggestions.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version