ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Firewall

Outpost and WinXP SP2

<< < (3/5) > >>

mouser:
i wouldnt count on the official agnitum support system to help much - they have a pretty bad track record.
now the forums are another story, and can be very helpfull.

Scott:
Although it seems plausible, I have a hard time believing that they don't know anything about the problem. The info I gave them in response to their questions pretty much told them I was using a non-standard directory to install it to. Surely they would have said something about it if they thought that was the problem.
-tenseiken (June 15, 2005, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're assuming they read your message in the first place.  In my experience (which includes several incidents with Agnitum), they like to ignore their customers, even (or perhaps especially) after they've paid up.  This is why I almost grit my teeth every time someone goes on about what a great solution Outpost is.  Shitty support really, really, really pisses me off.  But I'm being naughty here, again.  I'll STFU.   (P.S. I'm talking about Outpost Pro; I know you can't expect support for freeware.)

mouser:
ive complained plenty about agnitum support...
but then when you take into consideration the unofficial forum..
i wonder if, relatively speaking, agnitum isnt still better in total support scenario than most others..

Scott:
I agree the de-facto "support" forum in place is good to have, but Agnitum doesn't get credit for support offered by its customers.  And the forum is essentially useless for the types of problems I've had--things like BSODs, which are inherent product defects.  Another customer might be able to help by pointing to a software conflict or something like that, but it's all a waste if the vendor ignores the whole thing.

It's so absolutely maddening to me to use a product, encounter a problem with it, and try to get even a little bit of info--but be ignored.  Then to sit there, wondering if a reply will come.  Should I continue using it?  Should I remove it?  Should I follow up?  Did they not get my message?  Spam filters...  Could've lost the message.  I'll try again.  Oops, ignored again it seems.  Another crash.  Should I remove it now?  Two more weeks.  Nothing.  How much time from my family has this cost me?

Speaking of "oops", I forgot about that whole "STFU" thing.  :o

mouser:
i guess ive learned to not expect much from any official tech support of any product, at least when it comes to me experiencing problems.
(like i said i've hade my own small struggles with outpost, but i still love it)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version