ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Firewall

Outpost and WinXP SP2

<< < (2/5) > >>

JeffK:
Every version of Outpost has given me BSODs.  I have plans to check back on it in the year 2018.
-Scott (June 14, 2005, 09:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
:D

tenseiken:
No BSODs for me yet.  Actually, I just managed to get it working again.  The only thing I did differently on this install was send it to the default directory (I have a hard drive I use solely for 3rd-party software, but I went ahead and used C: this time).  I assume that was what the problem was, but that seems like a pretty silly thing to cause such a large problem.

Scott:
Agnitum uses SFN extensively in the registry (and probably elsewhere) to make Outpost work, so it wouldn't surprise me at all that the path could make or break that house of cards.  I rarely use the default installation directory, and have seen that sort of thing happen before.

mouser:
i use non default install dir also, and also on D not C, and not had any trouble.

but SP2 i don't have, as it did me bad in other ways.

tenseiken:
Although it seems plausible, I have a hard time believing that they don't know anything about the problem.  The info I gave them in response to their questions pretty much told them I was using a non-standard directory to install it to.  Surely they would have said something about it if they thought that was the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version