ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Firewall

Outpost and WinXP SP2

(1/5) > >>

tenseiken:
Have any of you tried installing Outpost on WinXP SP2?  I get an error message saying the service is damaged or some such BS every time I try.  I've already contacted support about it, and they assure me that they're working on it, but it's been almost a week now and I'm getting impatient and feeling vulnerable without a firewall.  Have any of you encountered this problem before?  If so, have you found a workaround for it?

mouser:
have you checked the outpost forum yet?
sp2 has been out for a long time, there is no way that outpost isn't designed to work with it, so something else must be at issue.

have you tried clean uninstall and reinstall?

JeffK:
I am not running Outpost ATM but have used it with Win XP2.  My Outpost version is 402.

Jeff

tenseiken:
mouser: I'll look at their forums.  And yeah, I've cleanly uninstalled and reinstalled several times now.

jeffk: I'm not sure of the build number I'm using... I've tried both 2.5 and 2.7 though.

Scott:
Every version of Outpost has given me BSODs.  I have plans to check back on it in the year 2018.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version