topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: "Knotable" - new cloud-based group discussion threading service.  (Read 3430 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm not even sure whether "cloud-based group discussion threading service" is a correct description or does Knotable justice, as it seems to be quite a bit more than just that, but I find it hard to describe.
It might be a sort of fork of Google's Wave, I don't know.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in using knotable to find out what it is and what it might be able to do for them, head on over to http://alpha.knotable.com/login/ and register for an account. It's in ß testing at present, and FREE, though I am unsure whether it will stay free. There is also a blog at http://blog.knotable.com
They seem keen to have people join them for beta testing, though they haven't opened the floodgates to all comers yet. I was an early applicant for an account, but it was a few weeks before they let me in.

If you PM me in DCF with your moniker, once you are registered in knotable, I shall respond and commence chatting with you in knotable.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: "Knotable" - new cloud-based group discussion threading service.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Hmm. Hope it's more than just a GoogWave rehash. Still, for better or worse, I signed up. Apparently I answered correctly to the "Do you want to help make something great?" question  - or (more likely) they worked the opening day kinks out and are now accepting new users more quickly - because I'm supposedly "in" and just waiting for my account to be "activated."

Looks interesting. Worth a try at any rate. I'll PM you when (or if) if I'm activated. :Thmbsup:

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:06 PM »
@40hz: You might get your registration confirmed PDQ now. Mine took a while to be confirmed, and then, even after it was confirmed, they decided not to activate the account for several weeks (to control the floodgates), though they later kept sending me emails reminding me to use the account even though it was not activated(!). The reminders were probably just automated human error.
Anyway, I got the impression that they were short-staffed and pretty busy in setup/implementation mode, and might not always have had the time to ensure that all the loose ends were tidied up. From experience, I know very well how that feels.    :-[

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Well, I'm in that holding pattern.  It would seem better and more professional not to let you get this far... especially as it says 'Ping Someone!' with no inkling of whom to ping.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Well, I'm in that holding pattern.  It would seem better and more professional not to let you get this far... especially as it says 'Ping Someone!' with no inkling of whom to ping.

Agree. I wonder how much of that is for purposes of LinkedIn harvesting.  ;)