ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Your favorite cartoons of yesterday and today?

<< < (3/10) > >>

Shades:
When I was a kid I dropped anything and everything to watch 'Battle of the Planets'...unfortunately, it doesn't stand the test of time for me. I always liked the Looney Tunes better than Tom &Jerry. Especially Wiley E. Coyote. If there is one cartoon character that will teach you about determination...

I'll even admit, here in public, that I have a pluche/stuffed doll of that character on my desk (20 years and counting...). Went a lot of times to the W.B. amusement park in Germany. Loved that park, its roller coasters, the ambiance there in general. Much better than DisneyLand Paris in my opinion.

From the Disney stable there is nothing that surpasses 'DuckTales' for me, although 'Darkwing Duck' wasn't far behind. Everytime something breaks in my computers I can't shake the term "What is your major malfunction!!!" from the gym coach of 'Beavis and Butthead'.  However, I lost interest in cartoons not too long after that. Regular TV soon followed. Now I don't even own a TV...sure don't miss being woken up (by the way too commercially driven) 'DragonBall-Z' after accidentally falling asleep behind the TV.

'The Simpsons' are the only and last cartoon still on my radar, though.

Wait...I forgot to mention 'Ren and Stimpy', 'Cow and Chicken' and 'Happy Tree Friends', dark to very black humor.  8)

rno2:
Mine that a lot of people forget about are:
Pink Panther
Woody Woodpecker

nosh:
Ren & Stimpy - I loved those maniacs!  ;D

TaoPhoenix:
I had to do a page search to be sure.

Transformers hasn't made the list yet!?
:tellme:

3rd level runner up Voltron.

Renegade:
When I was a kid I dropped anything and everything to watch 'Battle of the Planets'...unfortunately, it doesn't stand the test of time for me. I always liked the Looney Tunes better than Tom &Jerry. Especially Wiley E. Coyote. If there is one cartoon character that will teach you about determination...
-Shades (October 06, 2014, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Battle of the Planets was a favourite here also.

And Wile E. Coyote - hands down my favourite character from Looney Tunes.

Oh - another good show -- Count Duckula! It does seem to stand the test of time even.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version