ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Who is your Favourite "Doctor"?

<< < (6/12) > >>

Renegade:
Jon Pertwee for me.

BTW, if you're going to have Paul McGann in the list, you need to include John Hurt.
-4wd (October 18, 2014, 01:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just took the main series Doctors from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_have_played_the_Doctor#Series_leads

I didn't consider the others as I didn't figure anyone would bother there.

But, there are quite a few others as well. The list really would have been toooo long.

KynloStephen66515:
I must admit, I did like Matt Smith as the Doctor, he certainly made it his own...but Tennant was by far my favorite.  He could portray massive amounts of emotion without uttering a single word.

From what I have seen (One episode, where they have to rob a bank, and have no idea why because their memories have been wiped), Peter Capaldi isn't all that brilliant...but I shall certainly give him a chance and watch some more of his, even if it is for no other reason than "Hey...It's a Dr Who episode I have never seen) lol

4wd:
Jon Pertwee for me.

BTW, if you're going to have Paul McGann in the list, you need to include John Hurt.
-4wd (October 18, 2014, 01:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just took the main series Doctors from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_have_played_the_Doctor#Series_leads

I didn't consider the others as I didn't figure anyone would bother there.

But, there are quite a few others as well. The list really would have been toooo long. -Renegade (October 18, 2014, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

John Hurt is the only other person who portrayed The Doctor, (in the series), and as such is probably more valid as an entrant than Paul McGann.

The only other person who portrayed The Doctor that I'm aware of is Peter Cushing - that was for two films.

So your list is only short by two names.

40hz:
Would have been interesting if David Niven had ever been given a crack at it. That role would have been right up his alley.

MilesAhead:
Would have been interesting if David Niven had ever been given a crack at it. That role would have been right up his alley.
-40hz (October 18, 2014, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I remember seeing him on one of the talk/variety shows maybe in the 60s.  If not The Mike Douglas Show it was something similar. He told a charming story about being in a street gang at 5 years old.  His job was to drop his bag of marbles on a department store floor. and start crying.  While the employees helped the poor little kid retrieve his marbles his confederates ripped off the merchandise.  :)

I don't know if it was true but the audience loved it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version