ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Who is your Favourite "Doctor"?

<< < (9/12) > >>

Renegade:
To throw an unofficial Doctor in here: Joanna Lumley (from "Curse Of Fatal Death").

Favourite companion: Leela (sexy, feisty and dumb - for the time).

Favourite villain (there can only be one): The original The Master - "You will obey me. You WILL obey me. You WILL obey ME."

Favourite official doctor: Troughton, followed by Smith and McCoy, then Hartnell.

Least favourite: Colin Baker, then Davison.

Of the "modern" era: Ecclestone was okay; Tennant started good but the stories descended into the maudlin (his farewell, in particular); Smith re-injected zanieness(?); and I have high hopes for Capaldi.

I've been watching since the start, by the way. We are all children of our time.

-ag0044 (October 26, 2014, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent round-up & commentary.

But, as for Leela... I must agree. I really liked her. But I wouldn't say "dumb" there. She had a history, and did very well for it.

And +1 for children of our time. I grew up with Pertwee then Baker, and loved them both. But, we do have our favourites. :)

wraith808:
We are all children of our time.
-ag0044 (October 26, 2014, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very astute statement.  I've held things in high regard... but when I went back and looked at them with a critical eye, realized they were no better nor worse than what was currently going on.  Perspective and context I think are what make that statement very true.

crabby3:
So, who is your favourite Doctor?

I'm firmly in this camp:

If you don't understand the question, please crawl out from under your rock. :P

-Renegade (October 05, 2014, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just crawled out.  Doctor Who is science fiction?  Can't follow the story line.   :-[

MilesAhead:

The thing I could never wrap my head around was the concept of The Doctor as the last of a race of Time Lords.  I mean, if these guys are always scampering around in the centuries how are there not any of them left around even if they got killed in the future?

I guess it's a suspend your disbelief thing.  :)

ag0044:
But, as for Leela... I must agree. I really liked her. But I wouldn't say "dumb" there.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps, uneducated? Naive? Whichever, she was a good foil and companion for the Doctor. And savage too.

Strangely, although Troughton is my favourite Doctor, nearly all my favourite stories are from the Pertwee and Tom Baker years.

I forgot about my least favourite companions: Rose; Nyssa; Adric; Thurlough; and, Sarah-Jane. I'd put Peri in there too, but she had ... attributes.

Second best villain: Davros. The rest aren't even close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version