topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 4:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Firefox/Opera - saving pictures: if 01.jpg exists, auto save as 01a.jpg  (Read 5698 times)

fatjoe

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I checkout heaps of comic strips & cartoons with opera browser & sometimes firefox browser. I like to save them & come back have a laugh later.

It'd be cool if there was a little extension which when I went right click -> save image as, that i could type a name ie cartoon1 or 01. And hit save, and if cartoon1.jpg already existed in that folder, for the program to auto change to name saved to as cartoon1a.

So you could just go through & find the comics you click and just type the name and it would auto append an a - Z on the end if the filename already existed. ie. cartoon1.jpg, then cartoon1a.jpg then cartoon1b.jpg

:)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 03:08 AM by brotherS »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
don't know if it exists yet, but that's a nice idea - i wouldn't mind that either.

kimmchii

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you find a good solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.
~Robert Anthony

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
In opera, i think the "quick download" would also do this.

fatjoe

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
yeah but it doesn't name things according to how you want just downloads the file with the name it already has :(