ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

not freeware !!!

<< < (6/10) > >>

f0dder:
*shrug* - I still don't see the problem in labeling the software as donationware, imho it fits quite fine. If it was possible to lobby the major download sites into adding more categories, fine, but it probably isn't - and so I still think 'freeware' is the correct label there.

Unless I remember wrong, it's not like you need the license anyway, if you can live with a single nag every time you start the program. Not that big a deal, imho, if you're for some reason unwilling to do the tiny amount of work it takes to register.

Oh well, at least you're being reasonable, not like those alt.comp.freeware nitpicking zealots :p

edyshor:
If it was possible to lobby the major download sites into adding more categories, fine, but it probably isn't
-f0dder (March 19, 2007, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
You should like you haven't even tried, in that case you can't say that "they will not" or "it's impossible" or "can't be done".
You quit before you try, that is definitely not the way :)

Carol Haynes:
Who says the definition of donationware is 'free but donation requested' and equally valid definition could be 'donation required if you use it (however small)'

On that basis software on this site is available as donationware - but also totally free - the only restriction being a forum registration and downloading a key periodically. Even if you don't register with the site or download a key the software still works without any restrictions.

Given the rate which this software is developed and new releases are produced is it unreasonable to ask people to register?

tinyvillager:
 As a member for going on two years i feel obligated to chime in at least once...

It's all good the way things are right now.If memory serves me correctly i donated some before the key system
was put into place cause i like the forum so much.I've said before,i'll say it again,this forum has some very
brite human beings from all walks of life and all over the globe.I find there is little trolling,little spam,and a
whole lot of people helping each other out. :Thmbsup: That's a major accomplishment,i know we've all
seen to many forums that have cob webs and tumble weeds rolling through them.So kudos to mouser and
it's contributers. :Thmbsup:   

I actually feel guilty for not donating in a while,sorry mouser,trying to kill off a couple of credit cards before summer.

tomos:
Who says the definition of donationware is 'free but donation requested' an equally valid definition could be 'donation required if you use it (however small)'-Carol Haynes (March 20, 2007, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

how about this defenition of donationware courtesy Avedesk - (from the readme.txt with AveDesk 1.3)

AveDesk is not freeware, but DONATIONWARE. This means that you are not free to use this application if you wish,
but that you should donate a small amount of money to the AveDesk authors if you like AveDesk and use it frequently.
Donating is not enforced, it's rather a legal trick to make sure no-one runs away with AveDesk for free :-).
--- End quote ---
why not  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version