ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

extend a mp3 music!

(1/2) > >>

hulkbuster:
Hello! i have a 17 sec mp3 file, that i want to insert into a slideshow presnetation , which is 3 min's long.
Is there any application, that can make a 17 sec music last till 3 min.
What i mean is repeat that same music over and over again like a loop for 3 min. Also can i remake the entire music with the volume slightly reduced.
Few programs come to my mind and one is Audacity.
Hope it is understandable.

Renegade:
My software does it (mostly). Send me the file and I'll get it back to you looped for 3 min exactlly.

What you're asking for can only be done in looping software or a DAW.

Some good examples of software that is well suited are:

* Fruity Loops
* Saw Studio
* Samplitude
* etc.
For the volume reduction, that's a bad question. You need to know where it will be mixed, and the best thing to do is to mix it in there with the volume reduced.

tomos:
^ Looks like Ren has it covered but will post this anyway:

The first thread on the list there will offer a few options for looping:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=search2;search=loop+mp3

Reducing the volume can be done by mp3gain:
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
(normally used to standardise volume of multiple tracks)

hulkbuster:
My software does it (mostly). Send me the file and I'll get it back to you looped for 3 min exactlly.

What you're asking for can only be done in looping software or a DAW.

Some good examples of software that is well suited are:
For the volume reduction, that's a bad question. You need to know where it will be mixed, and the best thing to do is to mix it in there with the volume reduced.
-Renegade (October 02, 2014, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you Renegade for extending your hand.
But i already looped the music and converted the music to wav and further converted it to mp3 by using iWisoft Free Video Converter.
The only thing remaining is to lower the volume of the music.

@tomos : Thank you for the link, i am checking on it.

Here is the music:

Renegade:
You're doing everything wrong.

You want to go from MP3 to WAV and do everything there, then mix it in with anything else that you need to mix with and reduce the volume then. Not before. Not after.

If you go MP3 > WAV > MP3 > mix > MP3 you will have audio degradation that you can avoid.

The fewer steps, the better, unless you are purely dealing in a lossless format like WAV or FLAC. I wouldn't recommend ALAC or RIFF.

But, then again, you probably don't need the best audio quality you can get either. Good enough is enough a lot of the time. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version