ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (220/253) > >>

tomos:
Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser that will replace Edge on Windows 10
-Arizona Hot (December 04, 2018, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
my small experience of Edge is that it was/is actually a great browser -- never used it much though as not much in the line of addons. (I'm still avoiding Chrome myself, fwiw)

MilesAhead:
Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser that will replace Edge on Windows 10
-Arizona Hot (December 04, 2018, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
my small experience of Edge is that it was/is actually a great browser -- never used it much though as not much in the line of addons. (I'm still avoiding Chrome myself, fwiw)

-tomos (December 04, 2018, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

You may want to try the chrome based Opera.  There is an Opera AddOn that enables it to use most chrome extensions.  Also it runs multiple exe instances but does not go crazy like chrome.  With default settings it uses fewer instances while still being fast.  A good compromise.  The start page quick launch thing may be kind of quirky but you can beat it into submission with patience.  :)

https://www.opera.com/computer/windows

tomos:
^ will try Opera. Thanks Miles :up:

Deozaan:
I managed to get the October Update this morning and I seem to be the only one here who got it without serious incident. Anyone else?
-Arizona Hot (November 21, 2018, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

1809 still hasn't been pushed to me yet. I'm running 1803 and just checked for updates and it says there's nothing for me.
-Deozaan (November 21, 2018, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Microsoft finally decided to grace my PC with their October update.

I'm currently running 1809 OS Build 17763.168. Updating worked without issue, and everything seems to be running fine for me. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I might actually re-enable the update service one machine at a time to see what happens... 🤞

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version