ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (194/253) > >>

Deozaan:
This might be useful: Print Management/Auditing software was the cause of the missing text issue.

After Ath's confirmation of my suspicions I did a bit more searching and found this discussion on the SpiceWorks forum talking about Printer management/auditing software being the cause of the missing text ... And indeed it was for us also. Specifically HP's JetAdvantage Print Scout service.

Now how many other of this type of software is/will/can cause problems I don't know ... But it's definitely something to look into.
-Stoic Joker (June 16, 2017, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's really interesting because I rarely use my printer but noticed that the Creator's Update made all my computers forget how to interact with it, requiring me to set it up/install printer drivers again.

At first my primary computer stopped being able to print. Then a couple weeks later the other computer stopped being able to print. I didn't notice the connection at first between CU and the breakage because:

1. It was a few weeks after I installed CU on my primary PC before I first tried printing anything from that computer.
2. I installed CU on both computers several weeks apart, so the 2nd PC still hadn't been updated when the 1st PC's printing broke. Then when the 2nd PC got updated and the printing broke I made the connection.

So it seems the update breaks things having to do with printers.

Curt:
Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413) here -Stoic Joker (June 14, 2017, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

and today it was "here"

Arizona Hot:
Yesterday I tried the latest 64-bit Win 10 update on my other computer(seems to be Creators Update). It froze at 32% and I had to shut it down and restart with the power button. The installation then restored my previous version and I got wushowhide from Microsoft and hid that. I hope the next version is fixed.

Arizona Hot:
I tried the Windows Update again and this time it failed at 40%, gave an error message and restarted and restored my previous Windows version after clicking on the OK box on the error message. I may be in the Insiders program without knowing it because I am getting such a buggy Update and I get to use the Feedback Hub to report these failures. I took these screenshots with my camera because I doubted I would be able to do it with the Print Screen key. I have checked the Windows Insider page and it says I am not in, but then why am I getting these Updates? I have already done the privacy settings review mentioned, so this IS the Creators Update.

Windows 10 Announced    Windows 10 Announced    Windows 10 Announced

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Temporarily Disables Third Party Antivirus Software After Major Updates

Don't get flustered. It says they only disables some(few) antivirus software. Most are compatible.

Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 S security brought down by, of course, Word macros

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version