ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (154/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:

If your desktop icons have a minus sign attached, this means that Quiet Hours is activated. You can turn this off by right-clicking the Notifications icon and clicking the Quiet Hours menu item.

Windows 10 Announced

Quiet Hours - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Stoic Joker:
Just in case anyone else is having fun with the Windows 10 start menu disappearing periodically I'll stick this here. I never did find a specific trigger, but periodically the Action Center, Taskbar context menus, and start menu would all become completely unresponsive. Everything else worked fine...just those stopped working ... And that got annoying really (really...) fast.

The commands I found online that were supposed to fix it and their results are below:
1.   SFC /SCANNOW    -This one found and corrected some issues but ultimately had no effect.
2.   DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth    -This one did - best I could tell - do nothing.
3.   Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}    -This one finally got things moving again as all of the aforementioned problem children suddenly decided to spring into view about 2/3 of the way through its run. 24 hours later the machine is still behaving ... But time will tell.

Deozaan:
Just in case anyone else is having fun with the Windows 10 start menu disappearing periodically I'll stick this here. I never did find a specific trigger, but periodically the Action Center, Taskbar context menus, and start menu would all become completely unresponsive. Everything else worked fine...just those stopped working ... And that got annoying really (really...) fast.

The commands I found online that were supposed to fix it and their results are below:
1.   SFC /SCANNOW    -This one found and corrected some issues but ultimately had no effect.
2.   DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth    -This one did - best I could tell - do nothing.
3.   Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}    -This one finally got things moving again as all of the aforementioned problem children suddenly decided to spring into view about 2/3 of the way through its run. 24 hours later the machine is still behaving ... But time will tell.

-Stoic Joker (April 12, 2016, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is definitely useful.

I posted about a similar issue in the Windows 10 Tips thread.

Stoic Joker:
I posted about a similar issue in the Windows 10 Tips thread.-Deozaan (April 12, 2016, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh that's where that went ... Crap! I knew I'd seen it somewhere around here but couldn't fine it again.

Reeally annoying issue ain't it?

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

The version of the latest Win 10 update and an error message from a version that MS is working on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version