ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (106/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Why it has decided to pull this shit I haven't a clue, but it's a - Microsoft Listed Windows 10 Compatible - Asus Commando motherboard with the latest BIOS installed (it was a condition of computability) a few weeks back to be sure it didn't flake on its own (which it didn't).

Sure it's a bit of an antique...but it's all I got to work with at the moment.
-Stoic Joker (August 01, 2015, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, my motherboard *is* an antique...a Gigabyte running an X58a chipset. I have no idea if it's on Microsoft's special list or not, but I just checked. My 6 GB of RAM is being reported correctly.-Innuendo (August 02, 2015, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Apparently I just needed to RTFM ... It was a legacy setting that had gotten reset when I flashed the BIOS a few weeks back.

Innuendo:
Apparently I just needed to RTFM ... It was a legacy setting that had gotten reset when I flashed the BIOS a few weeks back.
-Stoic Joker (August 02, 2015, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

This never happened. Anybody asks we deny all knowledge of anything remotely like this ever took place. 4 GB was always recognized. I don't know what they are talking about.

MilesAhead:
Apparently I just needed to RTFM
-Stoic Joker (August 02, 2015, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do not know if I would admit to reading the manual.  That kind of self incrimination could land you in  a Homeland Security DB. 

Arizona Hot:
I've had Windows 10 for almost a week. In that time I 've gotten 3 Windows Updates, not including Windows Defender Definition Updates.  Is this the slow ring and is Windows Insider the fast ring?

Arizona Hot:

Dclock2 runs in Win 10. My Win 7 has to use Dclock 1. Maybe that is because it is a 32-bit Win 10. The Win 7 system is 64-bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version