ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (102/253) > >>

dr_andus:
I could use a nice lightweight (Windows) Laptop that doesn't cut my bank account to ribbons.
-MilesAhead (July 31, 2015, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Depending on how literally you meant 'lightweight', Acer is coming out with the Cloudbook at USD169, to compete with the HP Stream series, which seem to be going for around USD230.

MilesAhead:
I could use a nice lightweight (Windows) Laptop that doesn't cut my bank account to ribbons.
--- End quote ---

Depending on how literally you meant 'lightweight', Acer is coming out with the Cloudbook at USD169, to compete with the HP Stream series, which seem to be going for around USD230.
-dr_andus (July 31, 2015, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip.  I'll take a look.  :)

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-MilesAhead (July 31, 2015, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought to take a look at that HP Stream for my wife and daughter to share.  And quickly looked away.  In use, it's very laggy, even doing basic things.  That was with windows 8, but it was *bad*.  It was masked because of the SSD, but it was still nothing that I'd put up with.  So unless performance is not a consideration *at all*, I'd recommend a steer clear of the HP Stream.

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-MilesAhead (July 31, 2015, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought to take a look at that HP Stream for my wife and daughter to share.  And quickly looked away.  In use, it's very laggy, even doing basic things.  That was with windows 8, but it was *bad*.  It was masked because of the SSD, but it was still nothing that I'd put up with.  So unless performance is not a consideration *at all*, I'd recommend a steer clear of the HP Stream.
-wraith808 (July 31, 2015, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up.   :up:

wraith808:
Here's a good review of the 11 inch: http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/28/hp-stream-11-review/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version