ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (101/253) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm not bleeding yet, so I think I'm ok.  Of course, that's on my laptop, not on my primary computer...
-wraith808 (July 31, 2015, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps you can point me in the right direction. I could use a nice lightweight (Windows) Laptop that doesn't cut my bank account to ribbons.  Then I could use the Toshiba as a guinea pig machine.  I'm taking a computer repair class and eventually I will succumb to the temptation of upgrading ram or some other excuse to pry the box open and screw things in, or up, or something.  :)

wraith808:
I'm not bleeding yet, so I think I'm ok.  Of course, that's on my laptop, not on my primary computer...
-wraith808 (July 31, 2015, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps you can point me in the right direction. I could use a nice lightweight (Windows) Laptop that doesn't cut my bank account to ribbons.  Then I could use the Toshiba as a guinea pig machine.  I'm taking a computer repair class and eventually I will succumb to the temptation of upgrading ram or some other excuse to pry the box open and screw things in, or up, or something.  :)
-MilesAhead (July 31, 2015, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Laptop purchases are a minefield that I've not learned to fully negotiate- especially on the low end.  I have a Dell Inspiron 7000, and it works very well for me, and was not exorbitantly expensive- but I had a lot of discounts to make it so.  But it is a good computer.

Curt:
For a day and a night I have been searching here, there and everywhere (on this Win 10 Pro) to find a useful media player. No, nothing. Just a silly thing called Groove. What a bad joke! Each and every version of Windows Media Player in this millennium was better than this! Just two small examples: 1) If you point at the player's thumbnail in the toolbar, there is no tooltip to tell what track you're playing! But the user has to first move the mouse even further, to point at the Groove Music tile that slides forward - and this is an enormous and UGLY window, not a nice, discrete tooltip. 2) I have found no way to make the player small.
Groove Music is unbelievable poor; I am so disappointed.  :down:

Now please tell me I haven't searched properly, and that the options I want are just there...!  :tellme:

---------
modified 20 hours later:
By a complete coincidence I have just found Windows Media Player! Sorry and Thank You, Microsoft  :up:
So, it is there, just have to be lucky to do things the right way the first time. Otherwise you might think "Groove Music" is the media player - and THAT WILL make you disappointed!

MilesAhead:
Dell Inspiron 7000
-wraith808 (July 31, 2015, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, thank you.  The bad news for me is the lighter the more expensive.

Deozaan:
Anyone else experiencing apps opening (minimized to taskbar) when logging in from lock screen?-Deozaan (July 30, 2015, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Haven't seen that one, but I have noticed that Edge can be a bit "shy" at times, and will periodically disappear only to show up again later minimized (all session tabs intact) in the task bar.
-Stoic Joker (July 30, 2015, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's still happening for me. I come back from the lock screen and Xbox, Photos, and Calculator are open, but minimized.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version