ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (99/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
I don't see the Win10 live tile screen, probably because I use Classic Shell. But when I tried to drop a desktop icon on the Start menu, it popped up. I just had to click on the desktop to get rid of it and everything was normal again, but it still seems to be there, hidden by Classic Shell.

Stoic Joker:
In my experience, Windows 10 has a balloon/slider which shows for a second or two and then disappears to the Action Center where you can view it if you missed it.-Deozaan (July 30, 2015, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

With Office 2010 on Windows 10 yes, you do get a balloon. But not with Office 2013 and Windows 10.

Try Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions and see if you can enable notifications for Outlook somewhere in there.-Deozaan (July 30, 2015, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been through all those, and they only control whether or not the notifications show up in the Action Center. No combination I could think of - even after an Outlook restart - would result in the old style informative behavior.

Anyone else experiencing apps opening (minimized to taskbar) when logging in from lock screen?-Deozaan (July 30, 2015, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Haven't seen that one, but I have noticed that Edge can be a bit "shy" at times, and will periodically disappear only to show up again later minimized (all session tabs intact) in the task bar.

Deozaan:
I don't see the Win10 live tile screen, probably because I use Classic Shell. But when I tried to drop a desktop icon on the Start menu, it popped up. I just had to click on the desktop to get rid of it and everything was normal again, but it still seems to be there, hidden by Classic Shell.
-Arizona Hot (July 30, 2015, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is no live tile screen in Win10. Now it's just the Start Menu that shows a few Live Tiles.

Arizona Hot:
-Arizona Hot (July 30, 2015, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is no live tile screen in Win10. Now it's just the Start Menu that shows a few Live Tiles.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Deozaan (July 30, 2015, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is what I saw when I dropped the icon on the Start menu. It's just the Start menu alone when using Classic Shell otherwise.

Arizona Hot:
All my programs work in Win 10 AFAIK except for Sandboxie. I checked the Sandboxie site and they said V5.01 is the version for Win 10. I will be using this Win 7 machine until that is available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version