ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (98/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
I wonder how many people here had no problems installing Windows 10(I didn't and I connect via Wi-Fi)? I am now using Edge. Will try other threads with it. One thing I think needs to be added to it is custom zoom. Some sites I need to view at 90% zoom. With Edge, I can only have 75% and 100%. Using Edge I see and can use YouTube videos here, with IE 11 on Win 10 I can't.

Stoic Joker:
I ran into an interesting annoyance with the combination of Office 2013 and Windows 10 today. Normally I keep Outlook running but minimized so I can see the popup -(was a balloon from the tray, but in 2013 is a slide out in the top right corner)- notice of incoming mail that showed the sender, subject line, and (space permitting) a snippet of the body content.

With the new 13/10 combination, these messages are relegated to the 'Action Center' exclusively so nothing shows when mail comes in...until I interrupt what I'm doing and manually click on the Action Center which then gives a list of (all the) newly arrived mail. Which IMO totally sucks, because I now have to leave Outlook visible just to see what came in to decide on its relevance.

Anybody know how to get the time saving balloons back?

Deozaan:
I ran into an interesting annoyance with the combination of Office 2013 and Windows 10 today. Normally I keep Outlook running but minimized so I can see the popup -(was a balloon from the tray, but in 2013 is a slide out in the top right corner)- notice of incoming mail that showed the sender, subject line, and (space permitting) a snippet of the body content.

With the new 13/10 combination, these messages are relegated to the 'Action Center' exclusively so nothing shows when mail comes in...until I interrupt what I'm doing and manually click on the Action Center which then gives a list of (all the) newly arrived mail. Which IMO totally sucks, because I now have to leave Outlook visible just to see what came in to decide on its relevance.

Anybody know how to get the time saving balloons back?
-Stoic Joker (July 30, 2015, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

In my experience, Windows 10 has a balloon/slider which shows for a second or two and then disappears to the Action Center where you can view it if you missed it.

Try Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions and see if you can enable notifications for Outlook somewhere in there.

tomos:
Next will be my 24/7 TV recorder/downloader/fax computer, also x86, where they're still "validating" the upgrade.  If that goes OK, I might bite the bullet and do the wife's machine  >:D

I think I'll write my will while I still have arms and legs.
-4wd (July 30, 2015, 02:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

keep us informed ...
and let us know if we inherit anything ;-)

Deozaan:
Anyone else experiencing apps opening (minimized to taskbar) when logging in from lock screen?

I keep seeing the Photos, Calculator, and Xbox apps opened up when I resume. I think I've also seen Calendar and maybe Mail, too. It's as if they open up to update for live tiles but they don't close back down again. Then again, I'm not sure why Calculator would need to update for a Live Tile thingy, so maybe that has nothing to do with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version