ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (84/253) > >>

MilesAhead:
the title of this thread is "Windows 10 Announced", not like "Have you tried the beta versions of Windows 10?"
I don't install beta versions of anything.
Further more, you all have debated it as if everybody knows it, but not really telling what it can do.

--------------
Sorry, that first answer was much too hasty and rude.  :-[

The case is, (I have not tried Windows 8, and) I still know nothing about Windows 10 Explorer.

-Curt (July 23, 2015, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just asked over on TenForums and guys running it say W 10 still does not have Explorer with tabs.  I think they are trying to sneak through the entire life cycle of Windows without updating the Explorer shell.  It must be a gigantic pile of spaghetti code.  :)

ayryq:
Did any of you guys test Win 10 with Quizo tabs?  :tellme:
-Curt (July 23, 2015, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just installed it to test it for you (which is to say, I haven't tested anything extensively). But it seems to work:

Curt:
Thank you, both MilesAhead and ayryq  :up:

---------------

Now who think this could be something:

EaseUS System Goback Free

System GoBack is the best solution to protect your Windows 10 upgrade experience, and allows to easily go back to previous Windows Operating System and restore old applications & games with only one click.

Supported OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP

What can System GoBack do for you?

Protect your Windows 10 upgrade experience to avoid data loss.
    Restore operating system, applications and games without reinstalling.
    Downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7/8/8.1 if necessary.
    Go back to the previous system station when you need.

All you need is only one click   , System GoBack is ready to protect your system with 100% security.
-EaseUS
--- End quote ---

Go read http://www.easeus.com/system-go-back/
 :tellme:

MilesAhead:
I used EaseUS ToDo Backup Free in the past.  It worked fine on a Vista and Windows7 machine. I tried it on Windows 8.0 and it would not make a bootable USB for rescue.  But this Laptop has issues. It might be fine on your system.

As with all these some work on some hardware and some on others.  The only way to know for sure is to try it.

I'm not sure how this is different from ToDo Backup unless it stores the rollback on your current HD.  But if you have an external I think imaging backups are generally more useful.

There is a list of free ones on  TheFreeCountry

Edit:  also it can depend on how much stuff it stores on the local HD.  If it stores the whole system partition on a hidden partition I had that with Paragon Drive Backup.  It worked well for me on XP.  But even if it works the drive is going to keep thrashing(if it is a spinner) as it goes back and forth copying back the image.  If you have a USB 3.0 or similar fast external HD to read from it may be faster to use a conventional backup image.  If the system drive is SSD then fetching from another partition should not be an issue(as long as the software that makes the partition doesn't scramble the partition information as happened to me on Vista with this "backup capsule" type of scheme.)

Arizona Hot:
Thanks Curt. I will try this on my 32-bit Win 7 along with Paragon Backup before sacrificing it on the altar of Win 10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version