ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (79/253) > >>

Deozaan:
Here's an article with links and information on getting an ISO of the (RTM?) build 10240:

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2948999/microsoft-windows/windows-10-final-download-now-before-release-date-rtm-build-10240-itbwcw.html

MilesAhead:
I found this link which says it's normal for build 10240 to not show the build watermark,
-Deozaan (July 16, 2015, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, on Ten Forums posters point to two pieces of evidence that 10240 is an RTM candidate.
1) No watermark
2) the build number is evenly divisible by 16

I never heard the bit about divide by 16 before.  :)

Stoic Joker:
The 101240 OOBE has a whole new feel (and EULA Acceptance) to it.

...I haven't made it to the desktop yet.

MilesAhead:
The 101240 OOBE has a whole new feel (and EULA Acceptance) to it.

...I haven't made it to the desktop yet.
-Stoic Joker (July 17, 2015, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Initial reaction on Ten Forums seems very positive.  I gave up on trying them out because a VM of W10 takes me about 2 hours of messing with it at the "all but crashing" super slow stage, to get it to the stable stage.  At that it is still only about 70% as fast as a W7 x64 VM.  Just too slow to diddle with on the Lappy.

Deozaan:
The 101240 OOBE has a whole new feel (and EULA Acceptance) to it.-Stoic Joker (July 17, 2015, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Anyone got a link to the EULA? I got careless and clicked through it without reading it, thinking it was the same one I accepted when I signed up for the Windows Insider Program.

Heh. I just realized that acronym is WIP, which is often used to mean "Work In Progress."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version