ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (70/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Expect Windows 10 on July 29 Don't hold your breath

I wonder if some people will have to threaten to sue Microsoft to keep the Win 10 virus out of their computer or whether it won't take no for an answer. Did Microsoft really learn their lesson with Windows 8? If it is going to be free for a year, does that mean they expect it to be buggy for that long?

Stoic Joker:
Has anyone else had activation issues with 10? All 5 of mine were activated up to build 10158, but even after switching to the updated key, neither build 10159 or 10162 will activate for me.

It doesn't complain about the key which is posted everywhere and therefore presumed valid. It just keeps saying "Windows can't activate. Try again later".

I'm running four 10 pros, and one 10 home. some are signed up (and verified) for the Windows Insider Club, some are not, and one is still using a strictly LM account ... And nobody will activate with any of the TP keys I've seen to date.

Ideas?

Dirhael:
Microsoft have made ISO's of the 10162 build available for download today. Grab the files here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

TaoPhoenix:
I wonder if some people will have to threaten to sue Microsoft to keep the Win 10 virus out of their computer or whether it won't take no for an answer. Did Microsoft really learn their lesson with Windows 8? If it is going to be free for a year, does that mean they expect it to be buggy for that long?
-Arizona Hot (July 03, 2015, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I take exception to using the word "virus" even in sarcasm, because viruses don't normally run your whole computer with real software!

I'd settle for any of the other slants of MS just being slimy and so on. I really don't like their hubris of "haha, we'll wreck the comps of the piddly little home consumers (eew), make them do implicit forced bug testing for free, and 30,000 BSOD's and lost data later, oh look, it's nice and safe for our Valued Business Customers!"

>:(

TaoPhoenix:
Something's bothering me, if they're only a month away, I'd hope it was rock solid! But it all still sounds like there are fundamental basic bugs going on!

Ps I wish Mark Russinovich was still on our side! He'd have a few useful things to say! But he's squirreled away into Microsoft now! : (

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version