ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (63/253) > >>

Deozaan:
It may be the GPU/onboard video. Have you seen this page of the system specification/minimum requirements?-Deozaan (June 25, 2015, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's the same hardware as your netbook, Atom N270, IntelĀ® 945GSE chipset with GMA950 Gfx.

They list exactly the same requirements for Windows 8.1 (actually more: PAE, NX, and SSE2), which it's running.
-4wd (June 25, 2015, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Weird. Well, like I said. Mine was an upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. I just popped in the disc from within Windows 7 and clicked Install or Setup or whatever it was.

I never could get the Reserve Windows 10 (from Windows Update) to show up on the netbook.

Innuendo:
To further add to the "Why isn't the Windows 10 reservation notifier showing up" mystery, my friend who just bought a shiny new Dell XPS 13 a few months ago has tried every trick under the sun and still cannot convince the notifier to show up.

Every trick, every hack says it has completed successfully, but still no notifier.

I guess it's not a huge deal, though. On July 29th the notifier will show up for everyone regardless as it has a Windows 10 compatibility checker built-in so people can see if their PC is up to running the new OS.

Stoic Joker:
I guess it's not a huge deal, though. On July 29th the notifier will show up for everyone regardless as it has a Windows 10 compatibility checker built-in so people can see if their PC is up to running the new OS.-Innuendo (June 27, 2015, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's just the principle of the thing, since the success of the reservation offer seems to be quite random. ...And some of us just don't deal with random all that well. :D

My semi antique Dell laptop (in a workgroup) got the offer all by itself.
My fairly new HP ElitePad 900 (also in a workgroup) just can't seem to find it.
None of my domain machines (which I believe is by design) have been offered 10.

Arizona Hot:

FAQ: How Microsoft will update Windows 10  Computerworld

4wd:
I never could get the Reserve Windows 10 (from Windows Update) to show up on the netbook.-Deozaan (June 25, 2015, 02:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Turned the netbook on this morning intending to image it and then try Win10 ISO install/upgrade from fully updated Win8.1 ... then I noticed the Win10 upgrade icon in the Notification area.

So, now I'll image it like I was going to and then try the MS upgrade method.

Don't know if it's significant but I normally have Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows turned off (unchecked) because I don't have any other MS products but I turned it on this morning on the off chance it'd do something.

Unfortunately I didn't notice whether the icon was there before I did that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version