ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (62/253) > >>

ayryq:
Note that on 8 I think 10 as well you can revert from a Microsoft account back to a local account.

Personally I went ahead and set up a Microsoft account when I first got a windows 8 PC, so I could at least try out the app store. Then, I had to have it anyway when I wanted to get the 10 preview build. I found out when I later upgraded another PC to 10, that this had the annoying effect of syncing my wallpaper across PC's. If that's the most annoying problem I run in to (and there's a way to turn it off) I can live with that.

Maybe once there is a final build of 10, I'll disconnect from the Microsoft overlords; until then I think I need it.

Stoic Joker:
I found out when I later upgraded another PC to 10, that this had the annoying effect of syncing my wallpaper across PC's. If that's the most annoying problem I run in to (and there's a way to turn it off) I can live with that.-ayryq (June 24, 2015, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes there is a way of turning it off. Which is a fact I ran across in the process of turning it on to see if it would sync the wallpaper... :D

4wd:
-made my stomach so uneasy that I totally lost my courage.-Curt (June 24, 2015, 07:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

No need for stress, it's easier than Win 8 was - here's the latest Win10 build installation steps for a local account:

Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 Announced

According to dxdiag, the CPU is an Intel Atom N270 @ ~1.6Ghz, which is higher than I thought. DxDiag also says the system model is MS-N031, which I do see in small print on the sticker underneath, nearby the much larger U120 printed on the same sticker.-Deozaan (June 21, 2015, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I installed Win8.1 Pro from scratch and have fully updated it but the Win 10 notifier updates don't even appear as downloads.  Seems strange that Win10 won't install since 8.1 runs fine on it but I'm guessing it's something BIOS related, (I've got the last modded BIOS version), so unless someone has any ideas about what specifically are the requirements of 10 as opposed to 8.1, (posts I've seen all refer back to the Win8 Upgrade Assistant for testing to see if Win10 will install), I'm out of luck on the netbook it seems.

Deozaan:
According to dxdiag, the CPU is an Intel Atom N270 @ ~1.6Ghz, which is higher than I thought. DxDiag also says the system model is MS-N031, which I do see in small print on the sticker underneath, nearby the much larger U120 printed on the same sticker.-Deozaan (June 21, 2015, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I installed Win8.1 Pro from scratch and have fully updated it but the Win 10 notifier updates don't even appear as downloads.  Seems strange that Win10 won't install since 8.1 runs fine on it but I'm guessing it's something BIOS related, (I've got the last modded BIOS version), so unless someone has any ideas about what specifically are the requirements of 10 as opposed to 8.1, (posts I've seen all refer back to the Win8 Upgrade Assistant for testing to see if Win10 will install), I'm out of luck on the netbook it seems.
-4wd (June 24, 2015, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

It may be the GPU/onboard video. Have you seen this page of the system specification/minimum requirements?

4wd:
It may be the GPU/onboard video. Have you seen this page of the system specification/minimum requirements?-Deozaan (June 25, 2015, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's the same hardware as your netbook, Atom N270, IntelĀ® 945GSE chipset with GMA950 Gfx.

They list exactly the same requirements for Windows 8.1 (actually more: PAE, NX, and SSE2), which it's running.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version