ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (59/253) > >>

4wd:
It finished installing!-Deozaan (June 21, 2015, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're lucky, first time mine rebooted during install it's gone back to the initial 4 panes and whizzing balls screen and just sits there - no disc activity, nothing.  Have to boot off of a PE disc and see if I can find the setup log.

AFAIK, the apps need at least a 1024x768 screen, for the old 1024x600 netbooks you need to enable downscaling.

Deozaan:
Cool! I just found a "Go back to Windows 7" option in the Update & Security -> Recovery section of Settings. You have 30 days to revert back to Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10. I imagine the option exists for upgrades from other versions of Windows as well. :Thmbsup:

AFAIK, the apps need at least a 1024x768 screen, for the old 1024x600 netbooks you need to enable downscaling.-4wd (June 21, 2015, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, mine's a 1024x600. Most apps seem to work OK (after crashing the first couple of times) if I maximize them.

4wd:
In a bid to isolate what's going on, what CPU is in yours?  Or what's the netbook model?

Deozaan:
It's an MSI Wind U120.

According to dxdiag, the CPU is an Intel Atom N270 @ ~1.6Ghz, which is higher than I thought. DxDiag also says the system model is MS-N031, which I do see in small print on the sticker underneath, nearby the much larger U120 printed on the same sticker.

P.S. This post was made from Windows 10 on my netbook, using the Microsoft Edge (aka Project Spartan) browser.

4wd:
Pretty much identical to my Acer Aspire One ZG5 except I'm using a ZIF PATA drive because it was the first model only available with Linpus on an 8GB ZIF SSD, (AOA110).

Maybe it's time to hack in a SATA interface and shoehorn a SSD in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version