ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (48/253) > >>

dr_andus:
Today the update advert ^ was installed on my laptop (and it won't exit), so I gave them my email address, because I expect this to be one way they will leave me in relative peace, until the end of July.
-Curt (June 03, 2015, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried this? How to block Windows 10 Upgrade notifications in earlier versions of Windows

rgdot:
By the way, I am sure PC/hardware manufacturers are thrilled MS is giving people reason to keep their current systems  :P

KynloStephen66515:
By the way, I am sure PC/hardware manufacturers are thrilled MS is giving people reason to keep their current systems  :P
-rgdot (June 03, 2015, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure most companies will simply upgrade all their old stock to Windows 10 and try sell it as something new and fantastic to people who don't have a clue :p

app103:
Also, I am anxious to see how Cortana, the Personal Digital Assistant, will work. If it works like I fear, I will also like to know if it can be killed and buried. Otherwise I may have to learn how to use Linux, Mac or whatever. I am scared of Cortana!
--- End quote ---

Curt:
By the way, I am sure PC/hardware manufacturers are thrilled MS is giving people reason to keep their current systems-rgdot (June 03, 2015, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm sure most companies will simply upgrade all their old stock to Windows 10 and try sell it as something new and fantastic to people who don't have a clue-Stephen66515 (June 03, 2015, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

-that's what 'they' did to me some years ago: "This is a new computer", they said. No, it wasn't, it was an old computer with some updated parts. Unfortunately it took me so loooong time to understand how I was cheated, that the shop no longer existed.

Today the update advert ^ was installed on my laptop (and it won't exit),
--- End quote ---
Have you tried this? How to block Windows 10 Upgrade notifications in earlier versions of Windows-dr_andus (June 03, 2015, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have followed this instruction:

Wasn't Windows 10 supposed to be free?-superboyac (June 02, 2015, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/all-about-windows-10-upgrade-offer-including-how-get-rid-it.htm (regarding KB3035583) "All About the Windows 10 Upgrade App Including How to Get Rid of it"
--- End quote ---

Uninstall KB3035583. The next time Windows Update will promote KB3035583, just hide it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version