ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (156/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update's best new features

Are people here going to wish Win 10 a happy birthday?

dr_andus:
Even weather forecasts aren’t safe from Windows 10 upgrade prompts | The Verge

Upgrade to Windows 10. You will upgrade to Windows 10. Upgrade to Windows 10 now. Upgrade to Windows 10 during a live TV broadcast. Upgrade to Windows 10. Just upgrade. Now.
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:

Upgrade to Windows 10. You will upgrade to Windows 10. Upgrade to Windows 10 now. Upgrade to Windows 10 during a live TV broadcast. Upgrade to Windows 10. Just upgrade. Now.
--- End quote ---
-dr_andus (April 28, 2016, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can see an astronaut on the moon.  One of his cylinders is empty.  He needs to switch to the full air tank.  He swipes his touch screen.  Up pops the message that he must now upgrade to Windows 10.  He is holding his breath.  After a few minutes the screen displays the message "Windows was not upgraded to version 10.  Rolling back."

He turns blue waiting for the reboot.  :)

holt:

--- End quote ---
-dr_andus (April 28, 2016, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can see an astronaut on the moon.  One of his cylinders is empty.  He needs to switch to the full air tank.  He swipes his touch screen.  Up pops the message that he must now upgrade to Windows 10.  He is holding his breath.  After a few minutes the screen displays the message "Windows was not upgraded to version 10.  Rolling back."

He turns blue waiting for the reboot.  :)
-MilesAhead (April 28, 2016, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
How about; then he wakes up, having dozed off in the simulator, and realizes it was all a dream; then he stares at his screen and realizes, it's just started to happen, for real. Then we get a look at his face, and it's Tom Hanks (or ??? -your fav actor-).

Seriously, I really did just wake up from a dream -for real- in which the 'dreaded Windows 10 updater' had just started to flash on Desktop, and I said to myself (in the dream), "But--I have Windows XP!" Then I woke up, and realized, I really do have Win XP (which is supposed to be immune/exempt from this).

That got me to thinking about it. I'm no programmer, but what if someone wrote a DC snack that created dummy files all with the names of the updates Win 10 updater looks for; then it sees the dummy files all neatly in place, and takes no further action? I suppose it would depend on two basic factors; how sophisticated is the updater, and how realistic would the dummy files have to be?

I kid you not; I really did dream what I said, and was I ever happy to wake up to my real world Win XP.

MilesAhead:
How about; then he wakes up, having dozed off in the simulator, and realizes it was all a dream; then he stares at his screen and realizes, it's just started to happen, for real. Then we get a look at his face, and it's Tom Hanks (or ??? -your fav actor-).

-holt (May 06, 2016, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or we find out that MS has created a world wide conspiracy to fool us into thinking that Windows 10 exists and is on more PCs than Windows 7.  That is why all these updates fail.  There really is no Windows 10 to put on!  The "Updates" that succeed just stick some theme changes on derived from Windows 8.  The other 2 GB of stuff it downloads is just to convince people there is something there.  But it is just ballast.

We won't really have Windows 10 until we really get to the moon.  Green screen simulations don't count.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version