ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (131/253) > >>

Deozaan:
How much do you think it is better. I think IE under Win 10 has a problem with website scripts.
-Arizona Hot (November 20, 2015, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

AFAIK even Microsoft thinks nobody should be using IE anymore. It's dead. Use Edge. They only keep it around for backwards compatibility for all those people/business who have applications which rely on IE.

Arizona Hot:
Edge still has some rough edges. When you push the back arrow in the top left corner, you only go back one site, In IE, you can go back as far as the browser remembers.
I surf sandboxed and in Edge InPrivate, so if I want to keep a record of where an interesting site is I have to create a shortcut. Edge doesn't do that, IE does.

Stoic Joker:
Edge still has some rough edges.-Arizona Hot (November 20, 2015, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's for damn sure! I ended up having to install FF at work, just so I could function. Here at home I'm still doing the IE/Edge dance, but I do have FF in the wings - a first for me - for emergencies.

However at least now - Finally! - you can right click Edge in the TB and launch a new window ... Lack of that functionality was a deal breaker for me in 10240. It should have been given its own new software category, called PB&J ... That's Production/Beta Jape.

(For those not wishing to look it up: Jape means Trick or Practical Joke)

Stoic Joker:
Just did a clean load of 10586 and was pleasantly surprised (read shocked) to be prompted to create a local account by default. No mention of creating/using/enforcing a MS cloud account was to be seen.

MilesAhead:
Just did a clean load of 10586 and was pleasantly surprised (read shocked) to be prompted to create a local account by default. No mention of creating/using/enforcing a MS cloud account was to be seen.
-Stoic Joker (November 26, 2015, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

10586?  Ain't that there one of them new-fangled Pentup Frustration machines with built in FPU demanding virtual memory?  I didn't know MS took it over from Intel.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version