ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (119/253) > >>

IainB:
My general notes about using Win10 Pro on a Toshiba Satellite L855D laptop:

* seems very stable,
* seems a bit slow starting up, but doesn't need rebooting all that often,
* feels like faster response time in normal operation,
* visually poor display quality with "flat", glary, white display, only partially fixed by use of f.lux and NoSquint,
* high resolution DPI display translates into thin, grey or miniscule characters in the display (depending on application/font in use),
* seriously bad ergonomics of the GUI, mostly fixed with installation of Classic Start Menu ($FREE),
* battery saver software annoyingly reduces the display quality even further immediately the power supply is disconnected, and I haven't been able to fix this yet,
* performance is not too bad at all (see table in image below),
* ergonomically, I think I much prefer Win7 to Win10/Win8, and MS Office 2010 to 2013.

Arizona Hot:
Just having a bit of fun with it.  Like kids in a sand box. 
-MilesAhead (September 24, 2015, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was just being adventurous with it. If I don't get anything from it, I won't mind.

rgdot:
A question. Does a Windows 10 trial exist? Like 7 that had 30 day trails.

I am not talking about the pre-release stuff but just someone downloading now in October and trying it before entering a key. All I find now is something about 90 day trial of the Enterpise version  and none for 10 Home  :tellme:

Arizona Hot:
A question. Does a Windows 10 trial exist? Like 7 that had 30 day trails.

I am not talking about the pre-release stuff but just someone downloading now in October and trying it before entering a key. All I find now is something about 90 day trial of the Enterpise version  and none for 10 Home  :tellme:

-rgdot (October 07, 2015, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
I believe that you can A question. Does a Windows 10 trial exist? Like 7 that had 30 day trails.

-rgdot (October 07, 2015, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 10 Announced

How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

If you have Windows 7,  Win 10 is FREE. You don't trial something free, you get rid of it if you don't want it and you don't need a key(the Win 10 installer provides one).

dr_andus:
It does sound like you have a 30 day de facto trial (though an unusual one), as afterwards Win10 apparently deletes your Win7 installation (which on the other hand is the opposite of a trial, as it's the trialled software that should stop working normally). Having to do fresh reinstall of Win7 from media afterwards sounds like a pretty drastic way to end a 'trial'...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version