ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (81/253) > >>

rgdot:
Curiouser still, the Windows Insider Preview .iso download page is now disabled.
-Stoic Joker (July 18, 2015, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I saw when I posted above and made me ask the question

TaoPhoenix:

I hope about five of you can really stay on top of this whole thing, and be the "DC Win10 Expert Task Force" or some such thing!

MilesAhead:
According to this GHacks Article Windows 10 Home Users will have to agree to forced automatic updates when clicking the EULA on reboot.

At the end of the article it goes on to say that at the moment(as in RTM build 10240) it is still possible to set the Windows Update Service to Disabled.

I have a feeling that disable-ability will either be removed or bypassed.
It is for your protection.  :)

TaoPhoenix:
According to this GHacks Article Windows 10 Home Users will have to agree to forced automatic updates when clicking the EULA on reboot.

At the end of the article it goes on to say that at the moment(as in RTM build 10240) it is still possible to set the Windows Update Service to Disabled.

It is for your protection.  :)

-MilesAhead (July 20, 2015, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, yeah ...

Which is why I'm a little confused. Win8 had "funny" UI Metro issues, but it was still its own OS.

This whole "Updates will happen. Resistance is futile" going all Neo-Borg is what has us all nervous, because we're just waiting for the first big "oops" moment of it all.

MilesAhead:

It is for your protection.  :)

-MilesAhead (July 20, 2015, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, yeah ...

Which is why I'm a little confused. Win8 had "funny" UI Metro issues, but it was still its own OS.

This whole "Updates will happen. Resistance is futile" going all Neo-Borg is what has us all nervous, because we're just waiting for the first big "oops" moment of it all.

-TaoPhoenix (July 20, 2015, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope some volunteers take on the task of providing Vista/W7 support in perpetuity because if they really go ahead with all this cloud business I think it really will be the last version of Windows.  Either that or we can try to make various Linux distros look exactly like Windows or even OS/2. Heh heh.

But it is disconcertin how easily everyone forgets what the PC was all about.  They just toss around buzzwords like innovation and empowerment out of habit.  They forget those words used to be true.  At least in part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version