ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (31/253) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I'm not really interested in exploring Windows 10 as an OS. Whereas I felt that Windows Vista/7 brought enough new features and nifty design changes that I was more than willing to jump the ship from XP. But thus far I don't see anything in Windows 10 that is appealing enough to make me want it in place of Windows 7.
-Deozaan (April 30, 2015, 09:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm hoping this means that the codebase has been even further cleaned up! My theory is then in the nature of "what were they even working on then?", if not for general "under the hood stuff".

I'm just hoping they're not building any really slimy tricks like hardcoding disincentives to run Linux!

:mad:

tomos:
Spartan is now called Edge - or maybe 'The Edge' (?).
May be findable searching for that...

MilesAhead:
Another sad thing is that I've gotten to the point with Windows 10 that I did with Ubuntu a few years ago. I get all excited about installing a new version, but once it's installed I just kind of look at the fresh/pristine desktop and think "Now what?"
-Deozaan (April 30, 2015, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah.  I put on a few Linux distros to get a look.  The frustrating thing is the main reason was to see some Glass as nice as Vista or W7.  But I couldn't get much to work without getting into too much minutia.  Esp. in a VM on a Laptop it is so slow I don't have the patience to configure stuff.  I knew some Linux back in the late 90s early 2000s.  I've forgotten most of it.  I haven't compiled a kernel in forever.  :)

When I get a computer room with a big bench/desk with 1/2 dozen machines then maybe I'll see something. By then the pizzaz will likely be sucked out of Windows.  It will have 2 "colors."  Gray and light gray.  :)

Stoic Joker:
Spartan is now called Edge - or maybe 'The Edge' (?).
May be findable searching for that...-tomos (May 01, 2015, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Talk about a stupid name... Yikes! I liked Spartan, It conveyed a lightweight nature ... MS Edge just sounds silly to me. *Sigh*

But it's still listed as [Modern Application] Project Spartan in 10074 (just checked). It just takes you to a "Introducing Microsoft Edge" home page.

MilesAhead:
MS Edge just sounds silly to me. *Sigh*
-Stoic Joker (May 01, 2015, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does it say how many shaves you can expect before you have to throw it away?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version