ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (231/253) > >>

Deozaan:
Microsoft unveils Windows Terminal, a new command line app for Windows
-Arizona Hot (May 07, 2019, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

For now it is just the source code, not the executable. For those already wanting this type of functionality (and then some): ExtraTerm (open source, works on Windows, Linux and Mac, supports cmd, PowerShell, WSL, tabs and 'terminal multiplexing').
-Shades (May 07, 2019, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Microsoft's new Windows Terminal is now available in the Store
-Arizona Hot (June 28, 2019, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Was cute that it was tabbed and one could choose from cmd.exe vs powershell flavors.  Definitely had rough edges though.  Not ready for general use IMHO.

-ewemoa (July 12, 2019, 11:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Somehow I missed it both times it was mentioned in this thread, and I was just made aware of it through this video someone linked to on Twitter:

I just downloaded Windows Terminal on the Microsoft Store, where it's still in preview.

I'm not an expert on cmd.exe or PowerShell. As far as I can tell it works just like the old Command Prompt or the current PowerShell, but with the benefit of a tabbed interface. I think I'd like to continue using it, but I may forget it exists and just launch PowerShell the usual way (ctrl-shift right-click in Windows Explorer -> Open PowerShell window here).

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Prefer Windows 7 over Windows 10's updates? Here's how to make the adjustment

Are there any people here who have Win 10 and don't use Classic Shell or something like it?

Deozaan:
Are there any people here who have Win 10 and don't use Classic Shell or something like it?
-Arizona Hot (February 05, 2020, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me.

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

Me.
-Deozaan (February 05, 2020, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto.

Arizona Hot:
--- End quote ---

Me.
-Deozaan (February 05, 2020, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto.
-wraith808 (February 05, 2020, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

What do you use?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version