ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Windows 8.1 "Show Desktop" to do "Win + M" from "Win + D"

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm on Windows 8.0.  It doesn't have that little panel to show desktop.  With Autohotkey comes a Window Info tool or spy that gives the window class name under the mouse pointer.  If you plug that into this script it may work.

--- ---Sendmode Input
return

#IfWinActive ahk_class "put class name as shown by spy without quotes here"
LButton::#m

Edit:  Whoops!  Yes it does.  I couldn't see it since I made the Taskbar transparent.  Hang on.  I'll try to test the script.

Edit2: I guess it's not that easy.  One has to keep track of the state and restore etc..

skwire:
Hi, summersyed, and welcome to the DonationCoder forums.   :D  

In regards to your query, did you need the restore functionality as well (in addition to the minimize all functionality)?

MilesAhead:
I don't know if you can bypass clicking the Show Desktop Button.  But this toggle has already been done on this thread:
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/34400-one-hotkey-to-toggle-between-showhide-desktop/?hl=%2Bshow+%2Bdesktop+%2Bhit+%2Btest

You could just change from a keyboard hotkey to some mouse combination.

tomos:
^That one looks interesting.

OP does say they want to use the 'Show Desktop' button on the right of the system tray -
are you open to other options summersyed?

summersyed:
Hi everyone, thanks for the interest you guys are showing.

@skwire: i only need minimize all functionality for the show desktop.

let me explain again, i m on windows 8.1 64 bit, there is a "Show Desktop" small transparent button in the system tray on full right side, what it does is from a layman pov is, it work like pressing "Win key + D", but i want it to do the functionality of "Win key + M".

"Win Key + M" only minimizes all the open windows. which shows my rainmeter customization and my docks on the desktop. but "Win key+ D" minimizes all the open windows and place desktop windows on the top of the stack, which hides my docks and some of my rainmeter customization.

if still confusing let me know and i will upload screenshot of my desktop tomorrow.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version