ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

June 4 Podcast

<< < (3/6) > >>

jgpaiva:
EhEh... Not being english, i tend to pronounce nicks in a strange way (specially when not even english people pronounce them right :P )
See the attached .wav for the way i pronounce it.
Probably it doesn't make any sense, right? I also though it didn't, but couldn't come up with a better way to say it.
Thanks nudone for participating in the podcast, great submission!  :Thmbsup:

nudone:
I always thought it was nude-one !! I just assumed he had something he was proud of (sorry did I really say that)
-Carol Haynes (June 05, 2006, 06:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

ah, yes, i forgot about 'nude-one'.

i once spent a bit of time in an irc channel i had created with a friend - it was called 'nudsville'.

there were only ever two of us in it but once a stranger arrived thinking that 'nudsville' was an irc channel for people that appreciated nudism (naturism).

it seemed such a shame to tell him that 'nudsville' wasn't about being naked so i pretended that i was indeed sat infront of the computer without any clothes on. this led to an interesting conversation about how our wifes didn't appreciated nudism (i don't have a wife but it made the story more sympathetic). anyway, he left the irc channel feeling like he had met a kindred spirit out there in cyberspace i'm sure (unless he was pretending too, of course).

anyone wondering why 'nud' isn't 'nudd' as that would make it more obvious as to how to pronounce it - it's simply because i find 'nud' with one 'd' more esthetically pleasing than the more ugly 'dd'. yes, that's the kind of picky swine i am.

unfortunately i'm at work at the moment so can't listend to jgpaiva's version of 'nudone'.

i'd like to ask, though, how do you pronounce 'jgpaiva' ??? i have often wondered.

jgpaiva:
Ok.. I've just finished listening to the podcast, and i have to say it's a very good job!
The nick origins were very interesting (javajones: my nick origin is similar to yours, i also had a bunch of kidie nicknames, like "silencer", "noah", and a bunch of strange stuff, but then. decided to keep it simple)
The nuclear shelter/tin-can phone interview was very interesting too, i always wondered how we'd communicate in a nuclear attack situation ;)
It was also interesting to know how the images of cody are made!

I'm just sorry i couldn't understand the programming blues, they looked interesting.

Great work people!  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
i'd like to ask, though, how do you pronounce 'jgpaiva' ??? i have often wondered.
-nudone (June 05, 2006, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well... I really didn't think much, when i joined an english forum using this nickname. It's an acronym for my full name (the first is "João" and the last is "Paiva"), so, it's understandable nobody can read it. It should have been something like 'JGP'.
The right way to spell it in english would be 'J' 'G' 'Paiva'. But 'Paiva' sounds weird in english.
I've attached a way to say the nick and my first name (just for the fun, because people usually can't pronounce it ;) ) in portuguese.

nudone:
The right way to spell it in english would be 'J' 'G' 'Paiva'
--- End quote ---

ah, good. that's what i thought it would be.

still at work so i still can't listen to anything, can't wait to get home and listent to the podcast...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version