ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Select Copy - Auto-copy selected text

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
It seems even less likely to copy now.  I didn't get it to paste with mouse at all.  One time it did paste with shift-insert.  But the first version seemed a lot more solid on the copy.

c.gingerich:
There is a 0.3 delay for the copy to make sure there a drag happening. Please try again and hold the left mouse key a bit longer before letting go to see if it works then. If that is the case I will have to either adjust the delay or change the code as to not include a delay.

IainB:
Not sure whether this might help, but there is an auto-copy extension for Firefox here: http://autocopy.mozdev.org/

I have used it for ages. It works a treat capturing with a touchpad giving left-to-right or right-to-left select, or double-tap on a word.
I'm not suggesting that you could use it for what you are proposing here, but it could give you some ideas and save some reinvention of the wheel.
From memory there was also a Greasemonkey script that did something similar.

MilesAhead:
But if I get the tooltip it should indicate it copied.  Maybe my system isn't the best test bed since I have many hotkey things running.  Just for grins I snipped a section of my code that does copy when mouse button and shift are down.  It works fine in browsers.  But when I removed the #IfWinActive that limits it to browsers it didn't work well either.  (Your code was not running when I tried it.)

If response is snappy on your system then there's probably something weird going with mine.   :o

Edit:  That may be why when I was messing with my own I limited it to FF chrome and Opera in the first place.

c.gingerich:
I think it may be your system  :( I have tested it on 2 other systems and it has been working as expected.

Can anyone else test and let me know of any problems?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version