ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you use any GTD/calendar system to get organized?

<< < (6/8) > >>

dantheman:
They give me Outlook at work which is used enterprise wide.

At home it's nice to get away from such things, but my wife runs an awsome wall calendar with a neat manual birthday update routine that runs at the start of each year!!

-pmowbray (June 19, 2006, 06:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mom does much the same. 
So much more practical i would say.

For Outlook users, DeskTask is a nice freeware for quick access to the program without having to open it.  Airset is just excellent for Calendar and Contacts sync (prefer it to Plaxo as it also syncs your Notes and Tasks which Airset does not).

Have tried a variety of things like Google's Calendar, Rainlendar, EssentialPIM, WinPIM and other online services but in the end... perhaps a mom style calendar would be the best!

Ooops!  I did forget to mention Barca which has a nice Calendar with easy 1,2,3 back-up/restore process and great search capabilities.  Except for the exporting feature of .ics file, it fails to sync with anything online.

Lashiec:
Another Rainlendar user here. This little jewel covers all my needs. I've also tried EssentialPIM and Mozilla Sunbird, also great programs, but a little too much for me. EssentialPIM has some features more oriented to real busy people, and I'm not one of these. The same could be said of Mozilla Sunbird, but it lacks some of the advanced features of EssentialPIM. Also, both are full-screen programs, while Rainlendar sits nicely in a corner of your desktop, and it consumes less memory. It's a lovely application :)

urlwolf:
Another Rainlendar user here. This little jewel covers all my needs. I've also tried EssentialPIM and Mozilla Sunbird, also great programs, but a little too much for me. EssentialPIM has some features more oriented to real busy people, and I'm not one of these. The same could be said of Mozilla Sunbird, but it lacks some of the advanced features of EssentialPIM. Also, both are full-screen programs, while Rainlendar sits nicely in a corner of your desktop, and it consumes less memory. It's a lovely application :)
-Lashiec (June 19, 2006, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Lashiec, have you tried syncing google calendar and rainlendar? it is described in the forums:
http://ipi.fi/~rainy/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2559&highlight=gcal

but not sure how well it works. I'm looking for a 'local' copy of gcal. I use MLO but it has no calendar whatsoever, and I love the quick add feature of gcal. Ideally, gcal would be the center and MLO/rainlendar would sync with it...

urlwolf:
Ok I think this thread is relevant here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3287.0;topicseen

Lashiec:
Lashiec, have you tried syncing google calendar and rainlendar? it is described in the forums:
http://ipi.fi/~rainy/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2559&highlight=gcal
-urlwolf (June 19, 2006, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, never tried. Having no Internet at home leaves no option to try. The poor computer always worked offline... I think I'll get an Internet connection when I buy the new computer, but in the meantime... Anyway, what's the utility of that (apart from accessing the calendar from another computer)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version