ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (47/65) > >>

40hz:
Two young ladies playing a matched set of those godawful all-in-one built-in amplifier and rhythm box guitars Vox built way back when.
-40hz (October 11, 2015, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

They probably didn't get them from older models:

Vox again revived these body styles in 2013 with their Apache Series Travel Basses.

--- End quote ---
-wraith808 (October 11, 2015, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm aware. ;) I just didn't feel like getting too pedantic about these things like I usually do in this thread. ;D

FWIW you can still find a limited number of them in various places including Amazon. But they are starting to get hard to find again, so if you have $350-$400 (average) burning a hole in your pocket, you'd better act fairly quickly if your GAS is acting up for one.  :)

wraith808:
Two young ladies playing a matched set of those godawful all-in-one built-in amplifier and rhythm box guitars Vox built way back when.
-40hz (October 11, 2015, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

They probably didn't get them from older models:

Vox again revived these body styles in 2013 with their Apache Series Travel Basses.

--- End quote ---
-wraith808 (October 11, 2015, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm aware. ;) I just didn't feel like getting too pedantic about these things like I usually do in this thread. ;D

FWIW you can still find a limited number of them in various places including Amazon. But they are starting to get hard to find again, so if you have $350-$400 (average) burning a hole in your pocket, you'd better act fairly quickly if your GAS is acting up for one.  :)
-40hz (October 11, 2015, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another strange one for you:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/esp-vincent-price-ltd-edition-guitar

5 hours left.  They go for $700 on other places.  But I just couldn't get into the printed or painted art instruments.  I got my Taylor in red because it was a good deal... and it still feels ostentatious.  But I love it!  But I don't understand the instruments as art pieces for some reason.

I guess I'm just strange.

wraith808:
Prince in a recent interview. What do you smoke to keep looking this young? Prince: "I smoke other Guitar players"

He reportedly asked Dhani Harrison before hand how he wanted him to play it- and Dhani said, something different than the way his dad played it - just to go all out and burn it.  Afterwards, George Harrison's wife said that she was wondering what Dhani was up to when he asked Prince to play it, and she had her doubts - but that he'd killed it.

For all that he was doing in there, I noted that he was paying constant attention to Tom Petty, and when he called it, was instantly there.

Very underrated guitarist.

JavaJones:
Prince is, indeed, a forking awesome guitar player. Well worth seeing him live if you get the chance.

- Oshyan

Renegade:
Dollars to donuts, this will intrigue a few people here:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version