ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (43/65) > >>

Vurbal:
I think this explains the issue pretty well - except that his examples are actually much closer to the original, compositionally speaking.

superboyac:
I think this explains the issue pretty well - except that his examples are actually much closer to the original, compositionally speaking.
-Vurbal (March 12, 2015, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
yup, exactly.  I don't know what kind of legal mess we're headed into.  I'd say that the sensible thing to do is to avoid trying to set these boundaries on creativity.  Easier said than done.  The problem is...you DO have people who copy music and hide it.  But you also have people who just happen to have the same structure coincidentally.  And I don't think it's possible to draw the line somewhere without nazi-fying the creative process.  but what can you do really.

vrgrrl:
Time to start the DC orchestra it seems! I majored in music performance in college then took some non-music career turns but now I'm playing again (flute, piccolo, alto flute, bass flute, and oboe) in some local groups. I'm working with a teacher who is in the NY Philharmonic and trying to get together a recital for me to play so I could have a more recent stuff soon!

Deozaan:
Or there's this one:

Ever wonder why all those pop songs sound kinda the same? Well, it's pretty simple; They all use the same 4 Chords!
--- End quote ---

Edvard:
My thoughts?  Listen to "Wild Wild West" by The Escape Club:

Then listen to "Pump It Up" by Elvis Costello:

... and tell me who should be suing whom :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version