ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (29/65) > >>

40hz:
This is a perfromance-40hz (January 11, 2015, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I ain't gonna watch a video of a perv romance! :P
-Deozaan (January 11, 2015, 08:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why not? You never know where you might learn something useful. ;) ;D

(Oh well...That's what I get for trying to do a long post with a lot of cut & paste on a smartphone.) :-\

superboyac:
I just finished putting some organ on my friends' tracks, for this upcoming album:
http://creativecolloquy.com/special-call-for-submissions-valentines-day-massacre-at-the-narwhal

So it's coming up soon!  It was a delightful track, if I do say so myself.  A sound we've been talking about for years.

40hz:
I just finished putting some organ on my friends' tracks, for this upcoming album:
http://creativecolloquy.com/special-call-for-submissions-valentines-day-massacre-at-the-narwhal

So it's coming up soon!  It was a delightful track, if I do say so myself.  A sound we've been talking about for years.
-superboyac (January 15, 2015, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds good! Keep us posted. :Thmbsup:

40hz:
New concert piano design. Pretty interesting. 8)

40hz:
Are you still not playing a ukulele?

It's fun. It's cool. It's quite the thing.

Article over on at The Atlantic provides a good introduction to the Uke Renaissance.

Despite a long history that once included a reputation as an exotic and highbrow instrument, the ukulele has also endured decades of snubbing from both the pop music scene and the more cultured world of classical music. But with the help of trendsetters and tastemakers, it's making a strong comeback—the National Association of Music Merchants reported a 54 percent jump in ukulele sales in 2013—that can be traced in large part to the instrument's accessibility, affordability, YouTube popularity, and celebrity esteem.

The instrument's renewed appeal can be seen in the rise of ukulele music festivals, which have cropped up in places like Reno, Milwaukee, Napa, Port Townsend, Washington, and Rockville, Maryland. Take New Jersey's second annual Ukefest last August at the Morristown Unitarian Fellowship Hall, which kicked off with 86 beginners tackling their first piece, "Surfin' USA." During the festival, the rented church was awash with love for the novices—a kind of generosity rarely seen at a piano or guitar convention. “Strum with your index finger or thumb—whatever feels good,” ukulele teacher, author, and songwriter Jim Beloff told the beginners. “There are no ukulele police.”...

--- End quote ---

For an example of just how good a uke can sound, listen to master player Jake Shimabukuro performing his interpretation of While My Guitar Gently Weeps while visiting Strawberry Fields in Central Park NYC. No fancy effects, no recording studio, no big stage show...just a fine musician, a simple acoustic instrument, and open air.

There's a bunch of instructional videos for ukulele up on YouTube if you want to give it a go.

Why not? 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version