ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (23/65) > >>

theGleep:
Uh-oh.  I don't know if I can afford to do shellac right...how much would I actually need?  Is there another option that would be cheaper?

*** I could probably afford it if I were patient enough to wait for *next* payday.  But I think I've established my position on patience.

tjbray:
@theGleep:  I've goy a dozen coats on this one, haven't used a cup. Especially since you'll be thinning it with alcohol to a 2 lb cut.

theGleep:
@tjbray:  Well, that's good to know.  I suck at math, so I'm not sure - but 2oz of flakes gets me 2 cups, right?  I think I could afford that! 

At least to get started.

theGleep:
@tjbray:  OK, I ordered 4 ounces of flakes...should have them within the week (I'm thinking Tuesday, since they're just a state away).

So - when it's time to apply, I could get thinner coats if I use an airbrush, right?  And they'd dry faster since they're thinner, right?

I'll be looking forward to your opinion on "noob using an airbrush to apply shellac" :)

wraith808:
I'm getting ready to move, so decided to look around, and there was a Music Resource Center in the area that provides music instruction + studio time to under-privileged kids in the area.  I've been taking this trombone with me from move to move... but I don't really play anymore.  I didn't even know if they'd want it, it's so old and dinged up, but it works.  The excitement that they had to get the instrument was worth way more than the sentimental value of keeping it around.

Just food for thought, as I'd not even thought about looking into it before now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version