ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (51/65) > >>

40hz:
Thanks for sharing that!  It's so cool!  The part that was the best to me was watching the faces of the musicians as they first played it.

I wonder about the weight?  And the finishing?  And the durability over time?
-wraith808 (December 04, 2015, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is an interesting question. Considering the way they're slinging it around I'm guessing it weighs in around 6 or so pounds.

Durability is another issue. I figure it's probably as sturdy as a Danelectro which are made out of Masonite. I do think the edges might need some additional finishing however. Maybe a piece of transparent fiberglass tape over the edges and some additional finishing to blend it in and secure it would do the trick. Of course, if it could be produced cheaply enough and last for 10 years, it might not be an issue. Just pull the hardware and electronics and stick them on an inexpensive replacement body/neck.

I doubt Fender will do any more of these. It's just a proof-of-concept piece for Cardboard Chaos to demonstrate the versatility of corrugated. But it may provide some incentive and ideas for builders outside of Fender who may wish to pursue it.

wraith808:
I've been playing Rocksmith 2014 lately to improve my guitar skills- I highly recommend it!  Some people talk about it not being conducive to good guitar habits- but all I know is that I've been playing regularly daily and keeping with it- which I haven't successfully done with my other forays into the instrument, and I can feel myself getting better.  (As far as background for comparison, I'm more of a keyboard/vocals guy)

Well, I unlocked this bonus song by a band I'd not heard before, and I love it!

The band's video

Some one else playing (I have a problem with that solo!)

(he has his fretboard upside down for some reason even though he's not playing left-handed)

ayryq:
I've been trying to use Rocksmith for rhythm guitar too. (As far my background, 28 years playing piano, a bachelor's degree in trumpet, and fairly capable with a bass guitar) I'm finding it really difficult, that there's a big jump between the how-to-hold-the-guitar type of lesson and throw-you-into-a-song-with-no-chance. Also I found the fretboard was upside-down for the way my head works; I flipped it in settings.

I've been playing Rocksmith 2014 lately to improve my guitar skills- I highly recommend it!  Some people talk about it not being conducive to good guitar habits- but all I know is that I've been playing regularly daily and keeping with it- which I haven't successfully done with my other forays into the instrument, and I can feel myself getting better.  (As far as background for comparison, I'm more of a keyboard/vocals guy)
-wraith808 (February 08, 2016, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
What are you having a problem with starting off?  I might be able to help once I know that.

ayryq:
Hmm, I'm getting double notifications from DC at the moment  :huh:

I did Chords 101 with no problem but Chords 102 was baffling; I just couldn't keep up. And the easiest songs just expect you to play chords that you've never "learned." I guess some out-of the-game practice is needed.

But for now I've moved it aside as I'm currently trying to learn violin (!) with my 7-year-old. If you thought listening to someone learn to play violin was painful, you should hear two people trying at once  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version