ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Rethink Smartwatch

<< < (5/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Looking at the Neptune what strikes me immediately is the need for "flexible circuit boards." If the watch was made more to hug the wrist giving the appearance of a wrist band, and the screen 16x9 traveling a bit higher on the wrist, then it might not appear grotesque.  But I think it would cost a hell of a lot more than $350 if the "form factor" was flexible.  Instead of fiberglass circuit boards some innovation would be required so that the electronics could be anchored in some way that allowed the device to conform to the curvature of the arm.  The 16x9 screen would be very flat indeed!  :)

But I think voice commands or some direct thought control wireless manipulation would also be needed to avoid being handcuffed while walking along using it. After all,one may need a hand free to carry a briefcase with non-compressible coffee and sandwich.  :)

Renegade:
...some direct thought control wireless manipulation...
-MilesAhead (September 24, 2014, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's coming. The technology for thought control was at around 95% accuracy 10 years ago at an ETRI startup that I worked at. It was wired, but still... It's closer than many would think.

MilesAhead:
That's coming. The technology for thought control was at around 95% accuracy 10 years ago at an ETRI startup that I worked at. It was wired, but still... It's closer than many would think.
-Renegade (September 24, 2014, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe then we can finally get to the computer doing what we want, not what we say.  :)

tomos:
just came across this today:

http://xkcd.com/1420/

MilesAhead:
just came across this today:

http://xkcd.com/1420/
-tomos (May 19, 2015, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I have to wear a watch I want one like the Predator.  Setting it to overload is way more fun than a mere alarm.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version