ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Rethink Smartwatch

<< < (2/6) > >>

4wd:
However... what do people ALWAYS have with them?

* Watch
* Mobile phone (it's got a clock)
* Wallet/purse (not relevant here, but true) (I've got pockets)-Renegade (September 16, 2014, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Problem solved  :)

Android Watch Phone

I think your main problem with something like that is going to be finding a battery that lasts long enough for it to be useful.

MilesAhead:

Problem solved  :)

Android Watch Phone

-4wd (September 16, 2014, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see people driving with this thing now.  One arm across the steering wheel so they can touch/tap with the other hand while cornering.  Ay Yi Yi.

4wd:
I can see people driving with this thing now.  One arm across the steering wheel so they can touch/tap with the other hand while cornering.  Ay Yi Yi.-MilesAhead (September 16, 2014, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

And this is different from them currently staring at their lap while sending an SMS in what way?

MilesAhead:
I can see people driving with this thing now.  One arm across the steering wheel so they can touch/tap with the other hand while cornering.  Ay Yi Yi.-MilesAhead (September 16, 2014, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

And this is different from them currently staring at their lap while sending an SMS in what way?
-4wd (September 16, 2014, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Both hands are locked up.  I had an early digital watch that required holding down a button to light the LEDs to see the time.  Try that on a motorcycle with no accelerator lock.  I had to pull over to see what time it was.

TaoPhoenix:
Detouring a little,

After all these weird and wonderful wearables, there's still not one that REALLY solves any real problem.
-Fred Nerd (September 16, 2014, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Back when I was still enraptured by the Matrix and Johnny Mnemonic, the coolest thing for me ever was watches that played mp3's.

The one I had was a Brookstone version that looked a lot like this:

Since then, since it's old tech, various styles have emerged. But you basically couldn't tell it was a player - it looked like a watch. (Remember, mp3 players are mini hard drives, so you can carry some work or whatever around with you too!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version