topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: How come @Stephen66515 keeps posting here about stuff that gets expunged?  (Read 12993 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for the link IainB.  I pictured the towers coming down as I read.   :(
@Stephen66515  I found all of it very moving.  Maybe you aroused a sleeper-cell .. .

@crabby3: You are most welcome. This (below) pretty much says it all - and especially the last link, if you've not already seen and listened to it. It rather encapsulates the international empathy and outpouring of sympathy/sorrow. The singer in the last item is Mark Shultz, singing Remember Me. He is apparently a well-known gospel singer. Beautiful song and voice.

...As to music that I like and enjoy singing, it is music that generally could be seen as reflecting something of all that is good about humanity: rhythm, fun, harmony, love, the expression of humour, pathos, happiness, joy, empathy, that speaks of the yearning for freedom from bondage, the yearning for peace and for the ascent of the human spirit, and that shows our ability to climb out - even if only temporarily - of the hideous, irrational religio-political ideological cesspits within which we can sometimes find ourselves imprisoned.
I think sometimes that we do not realise - or maybe we forget - what incredible beings we are and with what amazing potential. For me, music can be an expression - a communication - of this, and a reminder.
Here are two favourite examples - quite different - of such music, from the public domain:
Weird Al Yankovic - Don't Download This Song.mp3
Remember Me.swf

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
For those who might perceive more strongly negative aspects about it, I started a thread in the Basement 911 HATE - hate what you hate or what others like or dislike about it.

Strong stuff

I don't truely hate anything.  Mistrust or dislike maybe.  Not hate.

Why get all worked-up about nothing.   :huh:

... much cheaper to vent here though... than visit a shrink   ;D