ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A warning to anybody who is looking to purchase a VPS.

(1/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Tonight I stumbled upon FortaCloud.co (FortaTrust), a company seemingly offering very low cost VPS's, however...all was not as it seemed.

I decided to go ahead and pay the $0.91cent monthly fee (Not exactly gonna break the bank)...and I chose to do this via Paypal...so I can at least reverse it if things are not as they seem.

Once I had created my account and setup the server I wanted, I was told the server was online and ready to use...so off I went to Remote Desktop Connections so I could get things ready and working...and...NOTHING.  The server doesn't respond at all.

So...Things seemed a little funky with my setup, so I headed over to their support ticket section...only to find that they are charging £5 per resolution...so...I would have NO choice but to either just go away and not get anything for the money I paid (I know it is basically nothing, but I still feel scammed)...or I could give in and pay £5...well...

I decided to try head over to their Facebook page to see if I could see anybody saying the same thing, or see if I could get help from there...and to my absolute horror, I found the following:

Antwan Carr There is not even a free billing contact. Im asking my lawyer there has to be something wrong with this.
5 September at 02:40
--- End quote ---

Stephan Alex I would like to cancel my account however there is no link allowing this, and I don't believe that I should pay US$5 for a support ticket to do this.
5 September at 20:18
--- End quote ---

Onsel Isleam This website is a big SCAM !!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE
5 September at 23:01
--- End quote ---

Michael Nicholas Hi Mate, Just joined your cloud server website and the passwords do not work.
7 September at 09:21
--- End quote ---

Ham Zaa Dont buy anything from this website, its just yet another scam. you will regret after paying
7 September at 22:00
--- End quote ---

Virgil Brimley Oh my God, What a nightmare. 8-27-14 paid 394.41 for the X16a Server I got access for 5 days and now I get no response to tickets, calls, chat requests nothing. Oh, and to add insult to injury these folks are the same as SeverPronto I didn't get hit in the head for as much money but I did get hit none the less. If I had a forum to warn anyone else I would pay as much as they asked for non existent services to do so. This entity truly sucks the big one. Panama or busted!!!
8 September at 07:57
--- End quote ---

So...There is a little warning...I guess you can't FortaTrust them eh!

Oh...I have initialized a dispute and escalated the claim (Seeing as I am not willing to pay another £5 to contact the company in question to try and resolve it myself).

mwb1100:
All I can say is that I'm glad you didn't get stuck for 394.41 like poor Virgil.  Yikes!

Renegade:
the $0.91cent monthly fee
-Stephen66515 (September 09, 2014, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uh... and you expected something different? That's a completely insanely low fee for a VPS. It's nowhere near realistic.

Take your lumps and walk away. It's not worth pursuing.

MilesAhead:
Some kind of terms disclosure law would be nice.  I wasted a couple of hours on a "free" web account.  The ftp upload did not work.  Finally I find the web based file uploader.  After playing around with it for 1/2 hour I notice tiny print that the total size of all files uploaded cannot exceed 1 MB.  Yeah.  That's MB with an 'M'.  It seems to be designed to waste people's time rather than rip off their money.

Sorry but I don't recall the name of it.  I found it in one of those "best free web account" lists.

app103:
the $0.91cent monthly fee
-Stephen66515 (September 09, 2014, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uh... and you expected something different? That's a completely insanely low fee for a VPS. It's nowhere near realistic.
-Renegade (September 10, 2014, 01:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know someone that charges what works out to be about $0.83 per month ($10/year) for his smallest VPS package, that would give a lot better customer service than that, for free. (and yes, I already pointed Stephen in his direction) So, no, the price isn't that unrealistic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version