ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Seemingly simple media player request

(1/2) > >>

Wayne Bertram:

I'm new posting so I hope I'm doing the right thing here.

I need a simple media player that will player a variety of video formats (MP4, M2ts, MKV, WMV, Mpg say) at various resolutions up to full HD but must play in full screen and on a second monitor.

The playlist can be simple drag and drop from explorer to keep things simple.

The tricky bit is to also be able to play a still (Tif, JPeg .....) after a video for either a fixed time or be triggered manually to then play the next video in the playlist which will then go to a still again and so on.  And have a keypress to go to black if required.

It's actually for a kids film making competition to present all the films seamlessly with a still in between each movie.

Is this a simple thing to do or can anyone point me to something that will do this. I have not been able to find anything to do it as most media players are for too complex and capable than is required and I can't fing one that diaplays stills.

Thank you for any help.

Wayne Bertram

MilesAhead:
While waiting for additional responses here I recommend you also post on this forum:
http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/13-Software-Playing

If there's a Windows software player that does it someone there may know the particulars.

skwire:
Media Player Classic will do most of what you want:

1) Play video files in full screen on second monitor.
2) Display JPEG files.  TIFFs won't display but you convert them to JPEG beforehand, no?
3) Won't auto-advance after a JPEG -- just use hotkeys.

Just build your playlist like this:

Seemingly simple media player request

Renegade:
The tricky bit is to also be able to play a still (Tif, JPeg .....) after a video for either a fixed time or be triggered manually to then play the next video in the playlist which will then go to a still again and so on. 
-Wayne Bertram (September 09, 2014, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you'll be best off creating a motion JPEG or short video clip with the stills.

And have a keypress to go to black if required.
-Wayne Bertram (September 09, 2014, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

That seems like a bit much to ask of a video player. Why would anyone ever need that?

My favourite video player is ALShow (used on my 3rd monitor mostly). It has a similar function for that (press ESC), but it minimizes itself to the taskbar notification area (system tray).

I think you need to rethink how the presentation will work. Most likely you will need human interaction there, especially for the stills.

mouser:
I can definitely see the value of a tool like you are requesting.
You might be able to do what you want using a presentation tool (Powerpoint?).

The other alternative is to actually combine the movies and stills into one new video, using one of the free "movie maker" tools; that would give you a final avi/mpg file to just play as one big movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version